Jul 11, 2016
In this episode Gary Bembridge of TipsForTravellers.com, provides a historical overview,
need-to-know facts as well as inspiration, advice and tips for
visiting Hiroshima in Japan.
The city is best known as the city that the first atomic bomb
was dropped on by the United States at 8:15 on 6 August 1945. While
this is a focus for tourists visiting there is much more to see in
this pretty city.
The podcast covers the following must-see and must-do sights:
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park, including the damaged Hiroshima
Prefectural Industrial Promotion Hall (closest surviving building
to the epicentre) known as the "Atomic Dome" and Museum.
- Hiroshima-jo Castle.
- Museums including:
- Hiroshima Prefectural Art Museum (1968)
- Hiroshima Museum of Art opened (1978)
- Hiroshima City Museum of Modern Art (1989)
- Mazda Museum
- Hiroshima City Transport Museum
- JMSDF (Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force) Kure Museum
- The Kure Maritime Museum (The Yamato Museum)
- Shukkei-en Gardens.
- Bullet train to Kintai Bridge at Shin Iwakuni.
This episode was supported by DK Eyewitness Travel Guides