Feb 6, 2017
In this episode of the podcast Gary Bembridge of TipsForTravellers.com, visits Houston Texas to provide
tips for travellers on the 10 must-see sights and attractions. In
addition he also provides some key observations, historical
highlights, best time to visit, getting there and around and
general tips and advice.
Nicknamed the "Space City", Houston is a global city, with
strengths in business, international trade, entertainment, culture,
media, fashion, science, sports, technology, education, medicine,
The episode covers the following must-see sights and
- Space Center Housto.
- San Jacinto Battlefield and Battleship Texas.
- Houston Zoo.
- Downtown Aquarium.
- 17-block Theater District (Houston Grand Opera, Alley Theater,
Houston Symphony and Houston Ballet).
- Pedestrian-friendly Museum district which includes Museum of
Fine Arts, Houston Museum of Natural Science, Children's Museum of
Houston and Menil Collection.
- River Oaks, the upmarket and multi-million dollar homes
- Shopping: The Galleria is Texas' largest shopping Mall with
over 400 shops, Houston Premium Outlets and River Oaks, the oldest
in the city.
- Quirky places: Art Car Museum, Beer Can House, National Museum
of Funeral History and Orange Show.
- Bayou Bend collection and Gardens.
Resources and links:
After listening to the podcast: